The full Governing Body of the school meets termly and this document will be updated following the October meeting of the Full Governing Body
Membership of the Governing Body (October 2019)
|Name||Role/Category||End date||Designated Roles|
|Mr Mark |Buckle||Chair of governors||17/06/2023||Governor training, Child protection|
|Mrs K Dewhirst||Vice-Chair,||21/01/2023||pupil premium,|
|Mrs K Baker||Co-opted||22/01/2026||SEND, EYFS|
|Mr J Champion||Co- opted||25/01/2025||
|Revd G Owen||Foundation||-|
|Miss L Hobson||Staff||7/7/2023||staff|
|Mr R Palmer||Headteacher||7/1/2039|
|Ms T Pearson||Parent||22/11/2024|
|Mrs J S Brown||Foundation||17/10/2025|
A clerk is supplied by the East Riding of Yorkshire LA
The full governing body meet termly, as do the Finance, General Purposes and Resources Committee and the Curriculum, Assessment and Pupil Welfare Committee. Other committees, such as Pay and Appraisal, meet less frequently.
Governors are appointed as follows:
- Parent governors are elected by parents, if their child attends the school
- Staff governors are elected by the teaching or non-teaching staff and are a member of the teaching or non-teaching staff
- Authority governors are appointed by the local education authority (East Riding of Yorkshire Council)
- Foundation governors are appointed by the Church of England or charitable trust
- Co-opted (appointed) governors are co-opted (appointed) by the the other governors
More information about being a school governors in the East Riding of Yorkshire can be found here.
The Chair and other governors are happy to meet with parents before their child starts school.
Below is the 'Governor Register of Interests' which describes any pecuniary interests governors may have, along with other information. This is updated following the autumn term meeting of the governing body, when pecuniary interests are declared.