Our aim is for children to have a pleasing, positive education experience where they can enjoy healthy food in a safe and nurturing environment. The school menu is a single choice menu, offering vegetarian or a meat meal. The menu is offered on a 3 week cycle, changed each term.
Vegetarian meals are available provided prior notification of your child’s dietary requirements is given. It is not possible to choose between meat and vegetarian options on a daily basis.
Please note that the menu may change at short notice.
Universal Infant Free School Meals
From September 2014 all children in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 are eligible for Universal Free School Meals. This means that they will all receive a FREE school meal whilst at school.
Free School Meals
Junior Children / KS2
Year 3 / Year 4 / Year 5 / Year 6
Free School Meals – If you think that your child may be entitled to free school meals please use the online application
An individual request must be made for each of your children.
However, we would kindly ask you to apply for Free School Meals (even if your child is in KS1) as the school will receive additional pupil premium funding should you be entitled if you are in receipt of one or more of the listed benefits:
- Income Support (IS)
- Income Based Jobseekers Allowance (IBJSA)
- The Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
- An income-related employment and support allowance
- Support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Child Tax Credit, provided they are not entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual income (as assessed by Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs) that as of 6 April 2010 does not exceed £16,190
- Working Tax Credit -during the four-week period immediately after your employment ceases, or after you start to work less than 16 hours per week, your children are entitled to free school lunches
- Universal Credit – Please view information on Universal Credit
Pupil Premium is a government funding initiative which aims to ensure that extra money goes to those children who could benefit from it the most. This includes children who have been entitled to free school meals and children who are, or have been at some stage, looked after by the local authority.
KS2 School Children
Parents can make payment for school meals via Parent Pay. Login details are available once your child has been admitted to the school.
Payment for school meals is collected on a Monday, in advance. The cost of a meal is £2.40.
Where children prefer to bring a packed lunch to school, children can bring an alternative drink in a plastic bottle or paper carton. Kilham prides itself on promoting healthy eating and therefore do not allow fizzy drinks, drinks in glass bottles, energy drinks, chocolate bars or sweets in packed lunches.
Co-operation is requested on ensuring our school remains a NUT FREE ENVIRONMENT due to children and staff in school suffering from life threatening allergies.
School dinner menus for the East Riding of Yorkshire are available here - http://www2.eastriding.gov.uk/learning/schools-colleges-and-academies/school-meals/school-menus/
Please see attached the 3 week menu February 2021 onwards